Last updated September 3, 2019
Brahmin may use an outside shipping company to ship orders and uses a credit card process in company to process payments. These companies have access to your Personal Information in order to perform their functions.
Transactions of this Site are managed by computer equipment which we refer to as a "Web Server[s]," For each visitor to the Site, our Web Servers automatically recognize information regarding the visitor's domain name (or that of the visitor's access provider), their computer's unique Internet Protocol Address ("I.P. Address") and e-mail address. Our Web Servers also have the ability to capture information about the visitor's product selection, the time of their visit, as well as the type of web-browser and personal computer they employ while visiting our Site.
Brahmin may use or share such Personal information for the following purposes:
- For the specific purpose for which it was volunteered (for example, to purchase a product, to enter a contest, or to comment on our products or Site, etc.);
- To improve the content, appearance and utility of the Site;
- To track our visitors' use of the Site for internal market research or other internal business purposes;
- To notify our visitors of updates to the Site;
- To market and promote products and services that might be of interest to you;
- To make the site more useful to users and to use in seeking advertisers, marketing partners, and additional consumers through direct marketing efforts, which may involve sharing such information with Brahmin affiliates or other third-party marketing partners in order to grow our customer base, such as through cooperative databases;
- To allow the visitor to store temporary information such as product-selections for up to 48 hours in order to allow you to resume transactions if your computer or our Web Servers malfunction while you are in the process of making a purchase or entering a contest, for example; and
- If we otherwise notify you of our intent to share and the purpose for which the information may be shared and you consent to the sharing.
Examples of how we may aggregate information include, but are not limited to, collecting demographic information about our audience to make decisions about types of events, or we may aggregate technical information to track the performance of certain advertisements.
Like many Websites, we use "cookies,” which are files stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. Cookies allow us to identify account holders and to optimize their shopping experience. Cookies also allow us to maintain items in a shopping cart when a user leaves this Site without checking out. Cookies also allow us to collect and store information about a customer that enable us to provide product recommendations and special offers that we think will be of interest. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but allow you to disable them. We recommend that you leave cookies "turned on" so that we can offer you a better shopping experience on this Site.
NOTIFICATIONS, OPTING OUT & COMMUNICATION WITH YOU
When you sign up to receive communications from us or receive our products (through a purchase or otherwise), participate in Brahmin’s loyalty program, or participate in a contest, we may use your Personal Information as necessary to provide you information about a new or improved product or service, an upcoming event, or other marketing communications, or to support and grow our business. We may share your Personal Information with third-party service providers to facilitate the above actions on our behalf and at our direction.
We may also communicate with you about different products and services which may be provided by Brahmin, or by our advertisers, marketing and other partners, or other third parties. These marketing communications may come from Brahmin or from the third parties.
Opting Out: You can manage which communications you would prefer to receive, or elect not to receive these direct marketing communications or to not have your Personal Information shared with third-party service providers, by a) not initially selecting to receive such communications; b) following the unsubscribe options at the bottom of any email; or c) emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that, in such cases, it may remain necessary for us to process your Personal Information to the extent it is needed to maintain a suppression list, and we may also be required to disclose your opt-out information to third parties so they can suppress your name, from future solicitations. Also, if you are a subscriber to our print products, you will continue to receive information and communications pertaining to your subscription(s) even where you have opted out of marketing communications.
The Site allows you to submit comments, suggestions or questions to Brahmin. Brahmin may collect your name or user name and email address in order to follow up with you or thank you for a suggestion.
All Personal Information is stored in a central database on our Web Servers, protected by a secure firewall, and may be modified only when the proper e-mail address and password used in creating your account are supplied. All Personal Information is transmitted to and from our Web Servers using SSL encryption technology for every transaction. For more information on the security of our Site, please review information about SSL TECHNOLOGY on this page.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH OTHERS
This Site allows you to communicate with others through its online functions and participation in Loyalty Programs. You are not required to disclose your identity to others, and you do so at your own risk. Brahmin is not responsible for the privacy or security of information, personal or otherwise, which you choose to communicate or exchange through the public features of this Site.
PROTECTION OF MINORS
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to register on this Site or use any functionality for which registration is required.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION FOR LEGAL REASONS
MODIFICATION AND SEVERABILITY
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Residents of the State of California, under the California Civil Code, have the right to request and obtain from Brahmin, once a year and free of charge, a list of all third parties to which Brahmin has disclosed Personal Information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes and a disclosure of the shared information. Please email requests for such information to firstname.lastname@example.org
EU DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Citizens of the European Union (“EU”) under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Brahmin for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Brahmin correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Brahmin to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Brahmin erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Brahmin restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Brahmin’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Brahmin transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com; or call us at: 508-994-4000, or write to us at: 77 Alden Road, Fairhaven, MA 02719.
While Brahmin has taken reasonable steps to limit the uses of information provided by you, we cannot guarantee that the information will remain permanently secure. There is always a possibility that your information could be lost due to technical problems or stolen from our databases. Brahmin is not responsible for any such loss or theft or any other unanticipated security breach.
For any of the following, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- If you would like to update the Personal Information that we have about you, or if you no longer desire our products, services, or information; or
- If you would like to unsubscribe from our shared marketing or email lists.