Ready for your next bon voyage? Your overnight travel weekender bag is all packed and ready to stash, but what should you be carrying in your carry-on bag? And which bags make the best carry on? Brahmin has all the answers you need.
Does A Purse Count As A Carry On?
A purse can indeed be a part of your carry-on duo! Your handbag is usually the personal item you can comfortably store under the seat in front of you, so this bag has a lot of responsibility. It's the bag you’ll use to house all the items that you want at your fingertips during your travel time. Here are several purse ideas to love. One is sure to fit your personal travel needs.
Just like the name implies, a spacious open-top tote is ready to hold it all. Its various interior pockets offer added storage and provide easy access to smaller items such as your phone, wallet, and lip balm (a necessity in the plane’s dry air!). Thanks to its open design, you can easily fit your daily smaller purse inside.
A large satchel handbag is also a great choice for travel. It’s got a ton of interior space that's big enough to carry your tablet or small laptop and all your other favorite essentials. Plus the satchel’s zipped top and footed bottom mean your favorite items stay safe and secure. Choose one in a colorful pattern to keep your spirits high as you soar.
Traveling for work? A business tote will be your ultimate companion in the sky. Look for one with a padded laptop pocket, interior organizational compartments, and pen loops for your own floating office. A pecan pebbled leather business tote is a professionally polished option.
shop business totes
What To Pack In Your Carry On
The key is having everything that will keep you comfortable, safe, and ready for travel. Here’s our handy carry-on packing list:
- Passport And ID. Have these handy to get through customs and other security checkpoints.
- Phone and device chargers. Keep your tech fully operational at all times.
- Headphones, earbuds, or AirPods. Check to see if you can access the in-flight entertainment with your type of listening device before you fly.
- Sunglasses and case. Keep your favorite sunglasses safe with a stylish Brahmin case.
- Tablet or iPad. Many airplanes offer WIFI and free messaging options so you can stay connected 10,000 ft off the ground.
- Journal. A leather-bound journal is a great way to capture thoughts and ideas while you travel.
- Empty reusable water bottle. You can fill it once through customs and stay hydrated throughout the flight.
- Snacks. Fight off hunger with some packed nuts or other easy-to-eat on-the-go food.
- Medication. Keep any needed medications with you and readily accessible.
Carry on with your travel adventures with Brahmin. Find the perfect choice for your life from our extensive collection of new handbag arrivals, tote handbags, soft leather satchels, business totes, and designer leather backpacks.